Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Outsiders

Authors Note: This is a piece that shows the view of Johnny during the fight with the Socs.

As we were running it was cold, and dark. I could barely see where I was walking. The flickering of the lights made it seem like something straight out of a horror film. As we head to the park it is almost dead silence, So we start to talk. I’m not really paying attention though.
We finally get to the park; I thought the walk would never end. We sit down on the cold and dewy fountain. For a few seconds it was the only things we could hear. The water rushing from the fountain was peaceful, but spooky.

All of a sudden I see five dark figures coming towards us. As I look closer and closer I see its Bob and his group of Socs they seem a little tipsy and uncoordinated. They started talking Bob said “Hey whatta ya know, here the little greasers that picked up our girls. Hey greasers.” I said, “You’re outa your territory. You better watch it.” “Nup, Pal yer the one better watch it. Next time you want to broad, pick up yer own kind-dirt” I could tell Ponyboy was getting mad but I was also I wasn’t really surprise considering Bob is a total jerk. Bob just went on about how greasers are trash but were not the trash he is. I could see Ponyboy just couldn’t take it anymore He just spit on Bob. He did the thing that all the Greasers have been wanting to do for a really long time.

Finally Socs just grab Ponyboy and held him in the water. They were drowning him. I start to panic, I didn’t know what to do. I froze just for a quick second. Then I grab my switch blade and I killed him. I killed Bob. I just panicked but they let go of Ponyboy. He looks confused. I tell him we have to run. We don’t know where or for how long but we a just going to run.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the beginning it has some really great detail. Then near the end you should of used the words killed not kill I kill him that's not that good it should be I killed him I killed Bob. Other wise I think that you did a great job with the point of view of Johnny.

    ReplyDelete