Monday, June 4, 2012

Love and Lance


It's Been long enough she wrote one last letter to him knowing he wont get it but she can still give It to him when he walks past security.  She wrote:
It’s 7 months 30 day 23 hours and 47 seconds, now 53 seconds and so on. The baby keeps kicking me and the mention of your name. The doctor said he's due date is when you come back/ I hope he comes later so you can see him. I bet he will have your eyes I miss your eyes locked on mine when we shared our first kiss under that tree over the bridge the water was flowing so beautifully. I past by it today I smiled in memory of you. Sorry bout the words I know they're smeared I couldn’t hold them in I miss you so much please come home soon and safe. How do you like the name Lance for our baby after your father? 
Love
Claire
P.s. I know you come home in less then 24 hours but I can't help it I need you home now I love you.

Claire Wakes up to a beautiful sun rise what a perfect day to pick up her husband. He's been gone for exactly 8 months in 3..2..1. she hops out her bed as much as she could with a 9 pound human in her and gets in her car and drives all the way to the airport.
She waits and waits and she see a man broad shoulders and a few scratches on his chin and she slowly gets up from her bench and gives her husband a squeeze she doesn’t want to let him go.
"how's the baby?"
"Painful." She holds her back as they gently sit down on the bench.
She hands him the note. As he opens the note his eyes go wide
" I love it!"
Her eyes gleam with joy but then searing pain stabs her in the stomach.
"Are you ok dear?"
"we have to go NOW!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love the surprise ending! I legit never saw that coming! Nice Job Emma way to put yourself in that girl's shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job emma i really think you did a good job with this and good job making this writing piece seem like it was based on a true story

    ReplyDelete