Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Talk

Author’s note: I’m writing this piece to represent my prediction by creating some new pages in the book The Lovely Bones. The new Pages I’m creating is about after Susie’s dad comes to talk to Ray and Ray is in his room thinking about everything that just happened.

“Ray I’m sorry” my Father says blank hearted, no tenderness, no sincerity.
He just gets up and walks away like its just some boy. He is not “some boy” he was my first love, I loved him! And he loved me back I know he did he even wrote me a love letter and everything! But no he acts like it doesn’t even matter!
“Thank you Mr. Salmon, I.. I just miss her so much, you know?” Ray said in his cute little accent that made me melt whenever he said the simplest words to me.
“I know how you feel” my dad said as he stands up to leave.
 “Have a good night Mr. Salmon”
“You to” Dad yells as the door creaks closed with a big loud BANG as it hitches back into place.
“I’m going up too my room, mum” Ray says with tears coming through to the surface of his eyes.
“Oh, Ok dinner will be ready in 10 minutes. Are you ok?” His mom questioned trying to hold back the urge to hold her son close and let him cry all the tears in his beautiful eyes.
 “Yeah I’ll be fine just… just need some time to think that’s all”. He lies on his bed tears streaming down his face He keeps repeating “why her, why her” I tend to ask that same question myself why me why me? Why did Mr. Harvey choose me? Did he always feel that way towards me? Was he longing for the day where he can finally get me alone to do all those awful things to? Or was I just a random pick, an easy target? What was it, why me?
 “Why her, Why her!” he screams out so loud I swear his voice might shake the heaven and earth. He keeps repeating that over and over every time getting louder and louder until suddenly he just breaks. His voice cracks and in storms his mom like lighting she storms over and holds him close as he bawls and repeating I loved her. I miss her, why her. I wanted to cry forever and ever I wanted to tell him I’m okay; heavens not bad. But I can’t I wish I could, I would give just one day to tell him I love him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment